Last Friday we hosted TEDxNewBedford 2016 in New Bedford, Massachusetts. It was an amazing event! It included:
- Sixteen AMAZING live speakers and three pre-recorded talks from across the country.
- Local food vendors including a food truck who served hundreds of meals to those in attendance.
- Over 20 volunteers who worked the stage, backstage, aisles and lobby to ensure everything ran smoothly.
- People crowded the theatre and food court as we live-streamed happenings on stage into our lobby and dining area.
- Thanks to our partners, we awarded over 200 scholarships!
- Over 1,000 people showed up!
- Seven hours of fun, new ideas and inspiration.
- 4 IDEAS WORTH SHARING VIDEOS created by local high school students.
- 2 Artists installed an New Bedford inspired installation on the stage
- And we even made the Mayor of New Bedford, Mayor Jon Mitchell dance on stage, AGAIN!
THE CORE TEAM FOR TEDxNewBedford 2016!
During seven months of planning and production, I learned a few things about what it means to lead a team towards the best possible outcome. I want to share those learnings with you--so you can apply them in your projects and with your own teams:
I'm enclosing a worksheet which can help you with this exercise. Three Key Elements of Leadership.pdf
Let me know how you did with this exercise. Send me an email or leave a comment in social media, I can't wait to hear how you are leading your teams. Want to set up a time to connect and explore how I can help you hone these skills? Book time to speak.
Have a great weekend,
Dolores Hirschmann is an internationally recognized strategist, coach, TEDxOrganizer, Speaker & Author. She has over 20 years experience helping entrepreneurs, companies & organizations realize their potential—by guiding them to CLARITY—to define their vision, message and market strategy needed to reach their next level of growth. As a TEDx Speaker Coach Dolores leverages the TED speaking platform to turn successful professionals into thought leaders in their field. If you would like to learn more visit: www.doloreshirschmann.com