MIC Speaker Program (VIP)
Ready to turn up the volume and reach a larger audience with your message?
MIC Speaking Program
Where speakers land their TEDx stage & beyond
This program is specially designed for Authors, Scientist, Doctors, Researchers, Entrepreneurs, Thought Leaders, Speakers, and Executives who are looking to raise their visibility, bring awareness to their work, reach a larger audience deliver an engaging presentation, keynote or TEDx talk. Through this program, you will gain Clarity around your idea worth sharing, a clear framework for moving from talking about what you do to talking about what you stand for, a Talk you can pitch to event planners, strategies how to engage your audience and much more. This program will ALSO help you navigate the application process to land a TEDx stage.
MILESTONES & PROGRAM CONTENT (delivered through online modules):
- Get CLEAR on your idea worth sharing. At the end of the day, if you have one message to share, what is it?
- Validate your idea. Is it unique? Why are you uniquely positioned to speak about this topic? What stories and experiences bring this idea to life
- Your 18 Minutes of Impact framework. An easy to follow framework for you to write the talk of your life.
- Write your talk.
- Get ready to pitch. Writing your abstract and pitching to TEDx stages and other speaking platforms.
- Record & Review. Moving from your first draft to a more finished version and how do you adapt your talk for different audiences. The use of slides and memorize vs rehearse?
- Adding spice to your talk, the role of humor.
- Strategies for landing your TEDx stage
- Looking beyond TEDx stages. Where can this CLARITY take you next?
MODULE LENGTH: Modules are short and practical. Going through a module should not take you more than 15 minutes. Completing the exercises in each module will vary between modules and clients and depending on the amount of writing required.
- Clarify your cornerstone IDEA
- A stage-ready talk (we will coach you on slides, styling, etc)
- Create your pitch to present to event organizers
- Create a script and coach the speaker in creating their application video
- We will research, apply and follow up on TEDx applications on your behalf
- Private meetings between you, your team and me (45-60 minutes each) (as needed or up to 6). Virtually using zoom or in person.
- Online learning platform to help you in the exploration process (one module a week for 12 weeks)
- An online PRIVATE Facebook group for brainstorming and working on your talk
- We will research, apply and follow up to TEDx stages around the world on your behalf. In our experience, it takes about 6 months of consistently applying to events before you land your stage.
- How long does it take to get ready to apply to speak?
- PREPARING THE PITCH can take anything from a couple of weeks to 3 months to get your idea ready to pitch (depends on the client's commitment & time availability) and this happens privately with me designing the best angle to explore
- How long until I get selected to speak?
- PITCHING: once we begin to pitch, we do so consistently week after week submitting your IDEA to 2-4 events depending on events accepting applications. We have seen clients take as little as a month or so to get selected all the way to 9 months
- Are there better times of the year to apply to speak?
SEASONS: TEDx events (at least the ones we are looking to pitch to) tend to have a long runway. They will open applications about 6 months before the event takes place and they will close applications about 3 months before the event takes place in order to prepare speakers.